Monday, August 30, 2010

Blog #2



From the video I was amazed of the number of different areas of life that are changing that I didn't know about. It really open my eyes on some areas that i thought the United States was best in. It was really like the info on technology and how it is growing so rapidly.I did not know half the information in the video so learned a variety interesting things happening in the world today. I look forward to seeing how much the numbers change in a few years. One thing that really surpise me was how low we were on using the internet.



I thought that the video was unique. It was cool them using Rip Van Winkle as the main character. I thought their was two points that I like in the video is the presentation of new technology and how some things stay the same. I like the two view points that they show through the video. Because some people today don't appreciate the older things that were the first steps in that leaded to the advancements of today. It was a very good way of showing the points they were trying to express.



Sir Ken Robinson points on bring creativity back to school, I agree with that we need to offer a balance between all the subjects that we teach. Because, some people learn through other areas of school. I think we should encourage people to do what they love to do for a job. I do believe we should be looking for ways to students to do what their passions is whether that is in areas other than what the world views important.

http://www.edutopia.org/digital-generation-teachers-vicki-davis

The approach that Ms. Vicki Davis does I really do like because it allows students to explore and learn and exchange what they learned with other people. That way you are involving the students which makes them want to learn because teacher would not being just the only one being in front of the class.

2 comments:

  1. I do agree with the insight T.J. had to the different videos. However, I do believe there was a lot more content which could have been expanded on. The grammar used was hard to piece together but I was still able to read his post for what he was trying to express. His responses to the videos did capture what they were trying to portray.
    I could relate to T.J. in regards to the Did you Know? video. I also was taken by surpise by all of the statistics given in relation to the growth of technology. I really enjoyed his point on Mr. Winkle wakes when he said "Because some people today don't appreciate the older things that were the first steps in that leaded to the advancements of today." I believe the Sir Ken Robinson video was great all around and T.J. highlighted some of the best points made in the video. The video on Ms. Vicki Davis we can both agree on as far as the student interaction her classroom provides.
    Overall I agreed with his overall views on the videos we were presented for our blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good observations T.J.! Your observations were a little brief.

    You commented that you think it is important for people to do what they enjoy doing. I agree. Using technology in the classroom gives educators the ability to show students new and innovative ways of learning about and experiencing the world. Technology in the classroom also gives students the opportunity to engage and network as they explore what it is that they love to do.

    Your blog overall is looking good. I want you to be sure and proof read your post before publishing. There were a lot of writing errors that I think you would have corrected if you reread your post. Also in your title it should be "Vigneulle's". SS

    ReplyDelete