Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blog Assignment #10

http://morgbayda.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/an-open-letter-to-educators/

The views Morgan Bayda about her college experience was very interesting to say the least. I can understand her views on how long classes are and how some teachers methods to teach their students. I have had the same experience with a certain class encourages me to think way outside the normal way of thinking.



http://pencilintegration.blogspot.com/2010/07/dont-let-them-take-pencils-home.html

In this post Tom Johnson talks about how a simple supply such as a pencil used in school has been marketed as a toy. Mr. Johnson confronted the problem in his class and made it were he used pencils to help students learn skill in certain subjects.


http://techliterateteacher.blogspot.com/2010/03/two-questions-that-can-change-your-life.html

The two questions in the video were "What's my sentence" and "was I better today than yesterday". The two questions will really help me stay motivated since the field of teaching that I am going in to is physical education. The second question will let me know if I am improving and need to work harder. Because my sentence is" My goal is to improve dietary habits and physical health."

2 comments:

  1. TJ,
    We both seem to agree with the views that Morgan Bayda has. Teachers should be waking us up instead of boring us to death. I am definitely not the type of person who likes to look at presentations from a projector all day. I like to be challenged. As future educators, we have to remember this. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Mr. Johnson really talking about pencils?

    ReplyDelete