Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog Assignment #8


Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2
http://techliterateteacher.blogspot.com/2009/07/dr-richard-e-miller-discusses-writing.html
I Like the points he did about educators be creative and imaginative in the way we teach are students.
At this point I do not believe I can do a multimedia yet but I am learning more as I watch this video. I like how he keeps going to different areas that you can do multimedia on.
Yes, I believe that the student that I will be teaching will be able to use multimedia for any subject they wanted to use it for.

The Chipper Series and EDM310 for Dummies
Some of the ideas I was thinking about do was in the area of physical education. I would like to create two videos. One showing the effects of having a poor diet, no activity, and no commitment to change theirs. Which would let them see all the health problems associated with the three points I said. The other movie would be about a student have a good diet, being active, and committed to staying healthy and show how that helps you when you are older.
In the first video created by a student. The message was showing how you can not have a care free attitude in doing school, work, and any social event you do. You have to be committed to finishing the course the first time. Do not let yourself get frustrated just ask for help or search for ways to help you get the work done and the videos were real good.

Michael Staton, Why Smartboards Are A Dumb Initiative
Bill Ferriter, Why I Hate Interactive Whiteboards
Teachers Love SMART Boards - http://smartboards.typepad.com/
Mr P's SMART Board - http://mr-p-iwb.blogspot.com/

I understand the view points of Michael Staton and Bill Ferriter on how smart boards can be expensive and not useful in certain class subjects. But I like the advantages that smart boards have I like the Teachers Love SMART Boards were she set it up for Halloween. Letting you see any you want to know and come up with what you to dress up as. I think smart boards can help keep creativity in the schools for teachers and students.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your ideas for videos that you want to make. I couldn't think of any videos that I want to make, but your ideas sound good. I also think it is important to try to stay physically fit. I just started getting back to working out, and I already feal a difference in my everday life. I feel like I have more energy and want to get up and do things. Good job on your blog! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your links should be in working buttons. Do you know how to do that? If so, correct in this post. If not, read the instruction manual, Mrs. Yollis' instructions for 3rd graders, or check in the lab. Notify me when you have corrected your link or links.

    You may have an opportunity to write with multimedia very soon.

    Your movie suggestions are interesting. Take a look at Dillon Roger's new movieAnother Creative Movie By Dillon Rogers. She has done a movie that you could do in a similar way with your focus on healthy foods.

    What if we spent the money that is being spent on smart boards and teacher training and upkeep and software licenses to buy iPads for all students? Which would have the most impact?

    ReplyDelete