Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog #3



yes this presentation of how college life is very close to what i have experience through my first two years of college. Some of the differences are that many of my teacher do know my name and the size of my classes has been much smaller than most have experienced. The size of my classes were about twenty-five to thirty-five.
Then some of my experiences are similar to that of the students in the move. Like have some students not even show up for class and others bring their laptop to class and doing other things besides class work. They could add other clips from other classes to see if their are the same kind of college experiences in different class room settings.



http://eduratireview.com/2009/04/its-not-about-technology.html/

I agree with Mrs. Hines about teachers most have the ability to learner new information and ways of teaching so that we can use technology. To improve in the way students learn from us. I really like how she says that teach and learning are two different things and how teachers should approach each day with goals to lead to a successful day. I also agree with Mrs. Hines on technology doesn't make a good teacher. To be a good teacher you have to put forth the effort to learning any new way or information that would makes us better and keep an opened mind to the fact that ways of teaching students is always changing. I also like the emphasis on be a teacher who doesn't always depend on technology to teach the material for a certain subject.



http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/2007/09/is-it-okay-to-be-technologically.html

You really change my view on whether a teacher should be technology illiterate. My thinking was you could probably get by but now that i finished reading your post my thinking is that you most differently should be technologically savvy. Mr. Karl Fisch is totally right about how we should be looking at be able to do what we are teaching to the students.



 


It means that with the way that technology is improving just makes it were teacher will need to continuously learning new material to stay up to date on how to improve their teaching techniques.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading all of your comments. I like that you pointed out what she said about "teaching and learning are two different things and how teachers should approach each day with goals to lead to a successful day." I agree with this 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must proofread your posts. Your writing needs a great deal of attention. I would suggest you go back to the posts you have completed and work on your writing.

    What do you think Dr. Wesch and his students were saying about how colleges and their employees were doing in the delivery of instruction?

    Yes, we all have to be life-long learners.

    I am glad that you are changing your mind. We should never be satisfied that we can "get by" with anything!

    ReplyDelete